Applications may be submitted for meeting room use through November 30, 2021.
This is an application process, staff will contact you to confirm meeting room availability.
Download the printable PDF application form below, OR scroll down to complete the online application form.
About the Meeting Room
The Library has a large community room available for public use. This room has a capacity for 50 people with 50 chairs and 20 tables provided. The kitchen has a refrigerator, microwave and sink plus a 30-cup coffee pot, punch bowls, and some dishes and silverware which can be used. Public Wi-Fi is available for all groups and patrons. A media cart with a laptop and projector are available, when requested at time of application. This room, approximately 750 square feet in size, can be divided and used by two separate groups when less space is needed for each group.
Interested individuals or groups can complete an application for the meeting room online or in-person. Visit our website to download the application form, fill it out, and bring it in to the Library during regular hours. Or complete the online form below.
· This is an application only, Library staff will contact you to confirm your reservation within seven (7) business days.
· Library programs receive first consideration in scheduling.
· Reservations are made on a first come, first served basis.
· Reservations may be made up to three months in advance and there may be up to three reservations scheduled for a group at a time.
· If a reservation needs to be rescheduled by a group, the new date must be within three months of the original date.
$25 deposit is required for each application form, except for library or government functions.
$20, additional fee For-profit groups/meetings are required to pay for each event.
$5 garbage fee to leave bagged garbage in the meeting room. Free to take your garbage with you. Garbage bags are provided.
· Deposits and fees must be received at the time of scheduling.
· Deposit will not be returned until Staff have verified the applicant has met all responsibilities as listed below.
· Deposit checks not picked up within 1 month of meeting will be shredded. Cash will be donated to the library.
· No smoking, no open flames on candles or other decorative pieces.
· No alcoholic beverages and no controlled substances.
· The kitchen and meeting room are to be left clean. Wipe tables and vacuum floor as needed.
· After a meeting, the user should leave the meeting room in its standard arrangement (see posted layout).
· If additional tables, chairs and/or media cart is needed for a meeting, applicant must request at time of application.
· Library property stored in the meeting rooms, including chairs, shall not be removed or transferred to other areas without prior approval from staff.
· Children’s groups must have at least one adult supervisor.
· Children may not be left unattended in the library during meetings.
· Applicant placing the reservation request is responsible for all reasonable repair or replacement costs for damage to the facility space, fixtures, or equipment utilized during the reservation.
· If a meeting is scheduled when the main library is closed, applicant is responsible for picking up keys during regular library hours. Please turn off lights, secure the building when you leave, and drop the keys in the book drop to the left of the main entrance.
· The library takes no responsibility for any items left in the meeting room. Items found by staff are generally placed in the Lost & Found Box in the hall.
· In case of emergency, please call 309-368-4739 or 319-631-5071