Teen Services Librarian (Posted January 20, 2022)
Hourly pay range:
$15.00 - 17.50 based on qualifications.
Basic outline of scheduling:
This position is currently 20 hours, part-time. There can be some flexibility in hours, with a focus on after school hours for programming. Expect some evenings and one Saturday per month.
General Statement of Duties: Building positive relationships with our teens, through outreach, programming, and readers advisory, is the main focus of this position. Under the supervision of the Library Director, and in collaboration with Youth Services and Adult Services programming staff, will plan and present programs for teens and young adults (grades 5 - 12). Providing exceptional patron service at the circulation desk and understanding the basic rules and procedures of the library is also expected.
Must possess a minimum of a high school diploma and two years of experience working in a library and/or with teens and young adults. A more extensive job description can be found on our library website: www.solon.lib.ia.us and/or the City of Solon, IA website: https://solon-iowa.com/
How to Apply:
1. Complete the City of Solon Employment Application Form
· Paper copies are available at Solon Public Library or Solon City Hall
· A PDF copy which can be completed online is available on the Solon Public Library website:
· A PDF copy that can be printed and completed is available on the Solon City website:
2. Send completed application form, resume, and cover letter to Liz King, Library Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Position will be posted for a minimum of 10 days or until position is filled.
This institution is an Equal Opportunity Employer.