Use a computer
Laptops Available for Checkout
Beginning Monday, March 1, 2021, we have three Dell laptops available for checkout! Solon patrons with a current library card can call (319-624-2678) to set up an appointment to check one out, for one week at a time.
The library has 10 desktop computers for public use.
All provide unfiltered Internet access and printing at 10 cents a page for black and white prints and 50 cents a page for color.
Solon Public Library
Internet Use Policy
About the Internet
The Internet is a global electronic network of information. The Internet and its resources may contain information that is inaccurate, controversial, or offensive. The Solon Public Library has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content of the Internet. The Library provides Internet access as another resource for information and entertainment.
Access to the Internet
1. The Solon Public Library does not prevent access to any resources freely available on the Internet. Parents or guardians, not the Library or its staff, are responsible for the information selected and/or accessed by their children. The Library will not be responsible for enforcing any restrictions which a parent or guardian may place on a minor’s use of this resource.
2. All patrons using the library’s Internet-enabled computers must agree to the Internet User Agreement before use.
3. The library also provides internet access through an unsecured wireless network. Any information accessed or transmitted has the possibility of being intercepted by others without users’ knowledge. There is also a possibility data stored locally on a user’s device could be accessed by others if not properly secured.
4. The library does not assume any responsibility for the safety of personal devices or the data on it. Virus and security protection is the sole responsibility of the wireless user.
Rules for Internet Access
1. Use of the Library’s wireless network or of a Library computer implies agreement with the Library’s Internet Use Policy on file.
2. Users must comply with all local, state and federal laws while using the Internet. Users found to have violated any laws, including but not limited to those concerning privacy, obscenity, fraud or copyright, while using Library facilities or equipment will have their Internet privileges revoked.
3. The library does not filter Internet content. Staff may, however, ask users to refrain from printing or displaying certain content on screens open to public sight in order to ensure the secure and comfortable environment of the Library.
4. Users must not incur any costs to the Solon Public Library through access to fee-for-service information providers, online shopping, or any other Internet use.
5. Computer use records are confidential and the library does not retain them.
Loss of Internet Privileges Use of the Library’s network or computers in an illegal, disruptive, or destructive manner, or failure to abide by Library policies or procedures, may result in the loss of Internet privileges.