Library visits by appointment
20-Minute Browsing Appointments can be made using the following schedule beginning April 5, 2021:
Monday - Friday from 9 AM - 12 PM
Or call the Library (319-624-2678) during staff hours.
New! Computer Appointments are available during walk-in browsing or by appointment. Computer appointments are 50 minutes, and households (6 max) are expected to remain in the study room for the duration of the appointment to reduce exposure to other households in the library. Computer appointments can be made in advance or in person during walk-in browsing hours.
What to know before you book:
- Each single-household appointment slot is limited to one household at a time.
- Computer Appointments will be during Walk-In Browsing times and more than one household will be in the Library at once.
- Face masks are required to be worn the entire time you are inside the library. Disposable masks are available, free of charge.
- There is a 20-minute time limit for browsing appointments, to allow adequate time for cleaning between each appointment.
There is a 50-minute time limit for computer appointments on Monday and Wednesday afternoons. It is expected that the whole household remain together in the study room during the computer appointment to minimize exposure to browsing appointment households.
- Please be prompt to maximize your Library time.
- Ring doorbell (right side of front doors above posted hours) upon arrival and staff will let you in.
- Use your time to browse for materials, use a computer, or check-out an unlimited number of items! (No toys, newspapers or magazines are available in the building or for check out.)
- Please stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, including but not limited to: fever, headaches, shortness of breath, cough, runny nose.