No Contact Delivery
Library Pick-Up is now located inside the Library entry. Please continue to maintain social distancing when arriving to pick-up your materials.
We also offer a porch delivery service for patrons who have difficulty using transportation to come to the Library due to physical limitations or increased risk factors. Porch deliveries will take place on Fridays. Patrons in need of porch deliveries should call the Library at 319-624-2678 to make their request and place items on hold. There are limited spots available for porch deliveries.
Tips for Library Pick-Up & Porch Delivery:
- There is a limit of eight reserves per card. You don't need to return your items before reserving more, but you do need to pick them up!
- You can reserve books, audiobooks, DVDs and jigsaw puzzles. Not sure what to request? Let us pick for you!
- Place your reserve(s) by the end of day (5PM) before the next pick-up day. For example, before 5PM on Monday to be picked up on Tuesday between 1:30-6PM. We'll contact you to confirm your pick-up.
- All returned items are quarantined for the safety of our Staff and Patrons. They may still be on your Library account for up to 8 days after return. And remember, no late fees!
- Pick-up days are Tuesday & Thursday between the hours 1:30-6PM, and Saturday between the hours of 1:30-5PM.
- You will receive an email notifying you when your materials are ready for pick up. Please wait for this notice before coming to the Library.
- Staff are available via phone, Monday through Thursday from 10AM - 6PM, and Friday & Saturday from 10AM - 5PM. We're happy to help!
- Materials not picked up after two curbside days, will be checked-in and made available for other patrons.
Not able to make it on the next available pick up day? Just let us know when you would prefer to pick up your items in the “Notes” field when you reserve items directly through the catalog or via phone (319-624-2678). We can hang on to your requests until you are able to get them, as long as you let us know ahead of time.
A short video to help you navigate our catalog and how to place holds.