FREE at-home test kits are now available for pick-up at the Solon Public Library during regular library hours. This service is brought to you in partnership with the Johnson County Public Health, Test Iowa and the State Hygienic Lab.
You can also request at-home test kits from Test Iowa by visiting their website.
January 2022: FREE rapid test kits can now be requested from the federal government on their website.
Local Information can be found at these sites:
- City of Solon (Website)
- Johnson County, Iowa (Website)
- State of Iowa (Website)
- File for Iowa Unemployment Benefits (Website)
- Iowans experiencing any type of legal problem due to the pandemic can call the free COVID-19 Legal Information Hotline at 1-800-332-0419. Iowa Legal Aid
If you need food assistance...
- Solon Food Pantry: Contact 319-430-8655 for details.
- Solon Senior Citizens: Old Gold Diner is working with Solon Senior Advocates and Solon Senior Support to offer grocery deliveries, medications and meals to your homes. Please call Sandy Hanson at 319-430-8655 or Jill Weetman at 319-624-2773.
Food delivery is now available to anyone living in Johnson County who needs food but cannot access other resources due to COVID-19. People can call (319) 519-6165 between 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday through Friday to request food delivery. They will be asked a few questions about their household, and delivery will happen within 48 hours. Agencies can also contact this line to set up a time to pick-up food for their clients. Recipients will receive pre-packed bags of food based on what is available.For more information about CommUnity's services, volunteer opportunities, and donation acceptance policy, visit builtbycommunity.org/covid19.
- Department of Human Services: Apply for food assistance and learn more about other COVID-19 resources through DHS.
- Department of Public Health: Learn about the WIC program, a Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children, or sign-up for WIC here.
- Department of Education: Eligible schools and organizations across Iowa are providing USDA Child Nutrition Summer Food Program (SFSP) meals now to children 18 and under. Find a summer meal site near you; call 211 or 1-866-3-HUNGRY; or text “FOOD” or “COMIDA” to 877-877.
Local Volunteer Opportunities...
- Solon Food Pantry & Solon Senior Advocates: Contact Sandy at 319-430-8655
- Donate to the Solon Food Pantry via Venmo: @Sandy-Hanson-16
- Solon Senior Support: Contact Jill Weetman at 318-624-2773
- Sew Fabric Masks for essential workers, immunocompromised, teachers, and elderly individuals.