FREE at-home test kits are now available for pick-up at the Solon Public Library during regular library hours. This service is brought to you in partnership with the Johnson County Public Health, Test Iowa and the State Hygienic Lab.
You can also request at-home test kits from Test Iowa by visiting their website.
Information can be found at these sites:
- Johnson County, Iowa (Website)
- State of Iowa (Website)
- File for Iowa Unemployment Benefits (Website)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC Website)
- World Health Organization (WHO Website)
If you need food assistance...
- Solon Food Pantry: Contact 319-430-8655 for details.
- Solon Senior Citizens: Old Gold Diner is working with Solon Senior Advocates and Solon Senior Support to offer grocery deliveries, medications and meals to your homes. Please call Sandy Hanson at 319-430-8655 or Jill Weetman at 319-624-2773.
- Department of Human Services: Apply for food assistance and learn more about other COVID-19 resources through DHS.
- Department of Public Health: Learn about the WIC program, a Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children, or sign-up for WIC here.
Local Volunteer Opportunities...
- Solon Food Pantry & Solon Senior Advocates: Contact Sandy at 319-430-8655
- Donate to the Solon Food Pantry via Venmo: @Sandy-Hanson-16
- Solon Senior Support: Contact Jill Weetman at 318-624-2773