Read for time and receive a prize each time you fulfill your specified time requirement.
The Reader's Log program is open to age 0 through high school (by grade entering next fall). There is no registration for this program. You may begin and end any time between 5 p.m. on May 29 and 5 p.m. on July 26.
- Pick up a reading log at the library. Reading logs will not be available until the Kick Off Party.
- Participants may be read to or read on their own. Books can be read aloud to the child by an adult or a child. If a child reads aloud to another child, both may count the time toward a prize.
- Time requirements for each prize:
- Age 0 - Kindergarten: 80 minutes
- Grades 1 & 2: 100 minutes
- Grades 3 & 4: 140 minutes
- Grades 5 & 6: 180 minutes
- Grades 7 & up: 200 minutes
- Parent/guardian must initial the reading log to verify amount of time completed.
- After reading the goal, turn in the log for a small prize. Completed reading logs may be entered in drawings for grand prizes.
- Keep reading and fill out as many reading logs as you want!
- All reading logs must be turned in by July 26.