Download eBooks & Audiobooks
This free service provides access to OverDrive Digital Library and allows patrons of the member libraries to download audiobooks and eBooks to their home computers, tablets, phones, or iPads.
Our membership in this consortium allows Solon Public Library patrons who live in Solon and rural Johnson County to access this service. If you live outside these areas, please ask your local library if they provide access.
To check out and download eBooks and audiobooks:
You will need:
- Valid Solon Public Library card
- Access to the Internet and a computer and/or a compatible device
- Compatible browser - The NEIBORS website is not supported in Internet Explorer 7 or 8. The NEIBORS site will run properly in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer 9 or higher. If you use Windows XP, you will need Firefox or Chrome as XP will not support IE9.
- To sign in to NEIBORS , click on “Sign In” or "Account"; on the next page, type in "Solon Public Library" and click on the library name in the drop-down window. In the window that opens below that, enter the patron number from your Solon Library card (do not add zeroes before the number to create a four-digit number) and your password for your library account as the pin.
- Lending periods are 7 days for audiobooks and 14 days for eBooks.
- At the end of the check out period, the license allowing the book to be played will expire and the book will once again be available for checkout from the digital library; you do not have to do anything to “return” the book. Some audiobooks and all eBooks may be returned early (click on link to guides below).
Download Mozilla Firefox free
Download Google Chrome free
We have mp3 players available for check out. Library staff can assist in downloading audio books to these players.
If you have any difficulties using this service and cannot find an answer for your problem in the NEIBORS guides or in the "Help" section on NEIBORS, please send an email to email@example.com or call the library.