The Library has a large room available for public use. This room has a capacity for 80 people with 80 chairs and 18 tables provided. The kitchen has a refrigerator, microwave and sink plus a 30-cup coffee pot, punch bowls, and some dishes and silverware which can be used. A projection screen and internet access are also available. This room, approximately 750 square feet in size, can be divided and used by two separate groups when less space is needed for each group.
Meeting Room Policy
Updated September 2008
- A reservation must be made for the use of the meeting room in person. You can download the reservation form through the link below, fill it out, and bring it in with you to reserve the room.
- Library programs receive first consideration in scheduling.
- A cleaning deposit of $25 is required, except for library or city functions. For-profit groups/meetings are required to pay an additional $20 to use the room. All deposits and fees must be paid prior to the event. If a group meets on a regular basis, a deposit can be held for them.
- Smoking and open flames on candles or other decorative pieces are not allowed. The consumption of alcoholic beverages and the use of controlled substances are also not allowed.
- Children’s groups must have at least one adult supervisor. Children may not be left unattended in the library during meetings.
- Groups or individuals may use the kitchen, but are expected to leave it clean. Also, please wipe tables, vacuum the carpet as needed, and take your garbage with you; garbage bags are provided. If your event is scheduled while the library is closed, a key is provided for the custodial closet where you can find a mop and extra supplies, if needed.
- Groups failing to leave the room in a neat, orderly, clean condition may forfeit the cleaning deposit and/or future use of the facility.
- If a meeting is scheduled when the main library is closed, you are responsible for picking up keys during normal library hours. Please turn off lights, secure the building when you leave, and drop the keys in the book drop to the left of the main entrance.
- The library takes no responsibility for any items left in the meeting room. Items found by staff are generally placed in the Lost & Found Box in the hall.
Meeting Room Reservation Form (pdf)
To view pdf files, download Adobe Reader free.
Please contact the library
with any questions.