Books and Reading
Spend some time browsing the links on the left to find suggestions for a good book to read. Stop in to see our displays of featured books, or to talk to a librarian about what you're reading, or to get ideas on what to read next.
In addition, you can use the links at the left to:
- share your thoughts on a book you've read ("Book Talk" link).
- suggest a book for purchase.
To place a hold on a book:
- use the online catalog:
• Click on the "Search the Catalog" tab
• Sign in to your library account
• Search for the book by title, author, subject or keyword using the Keyword Search on the main page or Advanced Search
• Often a list is generated by the search, you can click on the “Reserve this Title” button which is just below the brief description of the item you want. To see a full description of the item, click on the title. There will also be a “Reserve this Title” button on that page.
• To remove a hold, click on the “My Account” tab near the top of the window. Click on “Reserved Items” in the list below “My Account”. Find the title you wish to remove. In the far right column (“Notes”), click on “Edit/View notes”. Below and to the right, a small red circle with a minus sign will appear. Click the red circle to delete the hold.
If you are interested in joining a book club, please visit the Book Club page.
The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807 - 1882)