Books and Reading
Spend some time browsing the links on the left to find suggestions for a good book to read. Stop in to see our displays of featured books, or to talk to a librarian about what you're reading, or to get ideas on what to read next.
In addition, you can use the links at the left to:
- share your thoughts on a book you've read ("Book Talk" link).
- suggest a book for purchase.
To place a hold on a book:
- use the Online Catalog:
• Click on "Online Catalog" link above
• Sign in to your library account
• Search for the book by title, author, subject or keyword using the search bar on the top left of the main page or click on "Advanced" on the right side
• Often a list is generated by the search; if you hover over the image of the title you want, a small window will open with information about that title and a "Place Hold" button. To see a full description of the item, click on the title. There will also be a “Place Hold” button on that page.
If you are interested in joining a book club, please visit the Book Club page.
The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807 - 1882)